- mon: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 80 minutes at 18:57 pace. I have never bonked on an easy training run before, but I had to walk the last two miles home. It was if I could actually feel my batteries running down. I even tried to run a few times on the way back but just couldn’t. I think it was some combination of being underfed, overtired or overtrained. I think I need some time off. I think I ran too many miles too soon after the half marathon and it has screwed me up.
- tue: Lynnfield-Wakefield-Reading-Peabody-Loop. Rode 20.6 miles for 72 minutes at 17.04 mph. Finally my bike was done with its tune up and not a minute too soon. I need (at least) a day off running and I have been missing the cycling. Great ride through a few towns and finished up through the grasslands of Peabody. I will post a few pictures from the route. Oh.. I forgot my glasses and spent the entire ride picking grit and bugs out of my eyes.
- wed: Running workout. Ran 0.5 miles for 5 minutes at 11:00 pace. Half mile barefoot run down the road and back. No real problems to speak of, but still easing into the transition.
- wed: Around neighborhood. Ran 2.7 miles for 26 minutes at 9:54 pace. I meant this to be a slower run, but with the VFF’s I footstrike more rapidly, which drives up both my HR and speed. Technically I should have run this around a pace of 11:00. If I slow down then my impact is greater. I may (for now) have to do all my easy runs and recovery runs in my trainers so I can jog more slowly. I can’t count this as an easy run since my avg HR was 158. Tomorrow I will try again.
- thu: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 50 minutes at 11:51 pace. Very Hot. No matter. Ran very slow and easy and brought hydration.
- thu: Home gym. Lifted for 50 minutes . 2×12 pulldowns, 2×12 mid row, 2×12 chest press, 2×12 leg lift, 2×12 bicep curl, 50 lunges with 50 lb weights, 50 x 35 lb kettleball swings, 2×12 squats
- sat: Lynnfield Long Run. Ran 11.2 miles for 130 minutes at 11:36 pace. Great morning for a long run. Headed out at 5:45 am without heart monitor or Garmin. Just kept the pace easy and light. I worked on my form most of the way and I think all the BF and VFF running is paying off even with my heavier shoes. I also am experimenting with switching from GU Chomps to Hammer Gel for sustenance and I think it is a good move.