- tue: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 23 minutes at 8:36 pace. So I decided to up the pace and feel things out today. I really thought things went well, until I was done. Now I am sitting here with my right knee throbbing a lot and my left knee throbbing a little. Walking downstairs to my computer felt like my right leg was going to give out on each step. I really hate this whole knee issue. I even hate more that the solution of strengthening my gluts, thighs, VMOs and opening up my hip flexibility is going to take so darn long. at least this will force me to work on controlling my pace more precisely. The problem was not the 8:36 average pace, but the portions of my run that were at 7:15. Basically if I drop below eight I start to have knee problems. Sad.
- tue: Neighborhood walk. Walked 1.5 miles for 25 minutes . Easy walk around the neighborhood. This is technically a “rest” day for me, so I took it easy.
- thu: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 26 minutes at 9:25 pace. Pretty good run but still some knee pain afterword
- thu: P90 Body Sculpting. Lifted for 35 minutes . Push-Ups, Heavy Pants, Military Press, Standard Bicep Curls, Back Scratches, Lunges, Fly Push-Ups, Back Flys, Swimmer’s Press, Open Bicep Curls, 2 Arm Kick Backs, Lunge & Squat, 7-7-7 Push Ups, Lawnmower, Shoulder Flys, Bicep 21?s, Chair Dips, 3 Part Squats
- sat: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 29 minutes at 10:34 pace. Controlled heart rate run. I kept my HR pegged at 145 even on hills. Slight tightness in my left ankle and some tenderness in my right knee. Overall I felt pretty good about this run and I can’t complain about the cool misting rain either!
- sat: Neighborhood walk. Walked 1.5 miles for 28 minutes . Mostly dog walking, but I kept the pace brisk for the most part
- sun: Pillings Pond Run. Ran 5.2 miles for 50 minutes at 9:31 pace. Estimated time. I did this run by running at a brisk pace and then walking every mile for a couple of minutes to catch my breath. I am fine tuning my pace sense so I can better learn to ride that fine line where you can’t sustain the pace.
- sun: Warm up and cooldown. Walked 1.0 miles for 16 minutes .
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.