- tue: Lynnfield 3.63 out and back. Ran 3.6 miles. Easy heart rate run (mostly) although I threw in a half mile 7:00 pace in the beginning and end. I am on my 4th week of Hal Higdon’s Novice II half marathon schedule.
- thu: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles. Easy run keeping my heart rate low today. Weather was a little colder than I was expecting, but at least it was clear and crisp. I forgot to take my inhaler, which was a mistake. One of these days I’m going to make a better habit of remembering to do it before my runs.
- fri: Running workout. Ran 3.2 miles. Not much to see here. Just get my heart rate low, around 130, and watched some TV while I got the miles in.
- sat: Long run on gorgeous day. Ran 7.2 miles for 90 minutes at 12:30 pace. Nice, slow, long run on a gorgeous day. I kept my heart rate low, with an average of 129. I also walked for a minute or so each mile to rest my legs. I feel that my cardio is in good shape, but my stamina it needs a lot of work. This is the end of my fourth week in the Hal Higdon half marathon plan.
- sun: Lynnfield-Wakefield-Reading-Peabody-Loop. Rode 21.6 miles for 80 minutes at 16.22 mph. First outside ride this season. I kept my heart rate at 130 and still managed to move along at a reasonable speed. What a gorgeous day!