- tue: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 25 minutes at 9:03 pace. I didn’t feel like jogging to day so I just cruised this loop at an easy pace. Heart rate was around 150
- thu: Jogging between intervals. Ran 1.7 miles for 17 minutes at 10:00 pace. Easy jogging pace between intervals while I let my heart rate recover.
- thu: 5 x 800 meter intervals. Ran 2.5 miles for 18 minutes at 7:34 pace. This was not a heart rate workout. I wanted to see if the last 6 weeks of slow jogging at 133 HR was making a difference. I think it is since this workout would have been out of my ability level before. Split paces were 7:12, 7:20, 7:30, 7:40 and 7:55. My average HR during this time was 170. Even attempting one half mile in the 7’s before would have put me at 185 HR. The limiting factor was.. well I just couldn’t physically run any faster. This was not on a track, just the normal rolling hills around me. In 2 weeks I will try this on a track. I am feeling very beat up after this workout…pretty much everything aches.
- sat: Heart rate training run. Ran 3.3 miles. I had planned for a much longer run. After about 1.5 miles I suddenly felt exhausted and almost called my wife to come get me. I think it is a combination of my muscle workout and low calories in my diet right now. I walked/jogged home and felt good I didn’t call for a rescue.
- sat: Exhausting full body workout. Lifted for 60 minutes . I was going fine until I decide to throw in a few sets of kettle bells. I forgot how much they take out of you.