- mon: Treadmill Miles. Ran 3.0 miles. Still breaking in my new treadmill. Belt adjustment held very well since last session. It stayed centered and doesn’t slip any more, so I think I have that right. The incline calibration if off again, where when I press 0 degrees my level says its 3-4 degrees. I may have to call customer service if it de-calibrates again.
- tue: Full body workout. Lifted for 45 minutes . Tried to hit all the main muscle groups and also got in some flexibility exercises.
- tue: TM Miles. Ran 3.5 miles. Easy run on the treadmill. I am finding if I run in the center of the belt (as opposed to the end near the console) that it seems easier. I still think it is psychology, but maybe when I am near the console I change my form?
- thu: Quick TM session. Ran 2.2 miles. I didn’t have a lot of time, so I banged this out before heading out for some errands.
- sat: Lynnfield-Summer-Essex-Loop. Ran 7.7 miles for 80 minutes at 10:26 pace. Cold run today at 21 degrees. It felt good to get outside in the fresh air, but I hate the amount of gear I have to wear to make that possible. I kept an easy, non stress pace. I started to fatigue at the end which is telling me I my endurance is starting to slip with the lower weekly milage I have been doing. That is ok for now, and expected.
I realized recently that the vast majority of my blog postings were details of my weekly training and that more interesting content was getting pushed down and lost amid the clutter. I found a WordPress plugin that let me suppress my “Training Log” category on the main page. For those of you interested in my weekly training you can just click the tab marked “Training Log” in the menu at the top of the blog. I post everything I do every week in detail there with a history going back a few years.