|Core Fitness||180 min|
- wed: Pillings Pond and Wildwood. Ran 4.9 miles. Another heart rate run. I aimed for 133 but averaged 136 BPM over the course of the hour. I needed to walk up 4 hills to keep my HR from spiking too much. My max HR was 146 and I never saw that happen… but my watch recorded it at some point. Still, I am happy with the run. I am not minding the slow jogging as I don’t feel as spent afterword, but I am not enjoying the slow cadence. I just can’t jog with 180 footstrikes a minute without my HR going too high… which means slow, plodding steps. Before I add speed I am going to increase turnover as my HR improves.
- thu: Heart rate training on TM. Ran 3.0 miles. Average HR was 129. My HR started high, probably due to too much caffeine and stress. It gave me less headroom and I had to walk part of this to keep my HR down.
- thu: Full body weights. Lifted for 40 minutes . Still trying to build up shoulders and arms.. slow going.
- fri: 3 hours skiing. Exercised for 60 minutes . I am going to say this was a 1 hour core fitness exercise. Sure felt like it.
- sat: 7 hours of skiing. Exercised for 120 minutes . I am marking this down as 2 hours of core fitness. I am wiped out.. easily the equivalent of a 2 hour run.
- sun: Running workout. Ran 3.0 miles. Still trudging along keeping my HR down low. Average HR was 134 for this session. Makes for an easy workout. Here’s hoping that eventually this will make a difference. Its hard to feel that this is really “training”. I am so used to running at a much higher effort level that this feels like cheating.