- wed: Upper body workout. Lifted for 40 minutes . I also threw in some calf raises. I think my calfs are still a weak point since the injury.
- wed: Rowing machine. Rowed 4.0 km for 20 minutes at 7.46 mph. Finished off my cardio with the rowing machine since the treadmill stopped working.
- wed: Treadmill miles. Ran 3.0 miles for 31 minutes at 10:20 pace. Easy pace run while I watched TV. The TM stopped abruptly after 30 minutes and i could not get it going again. I hope it can be fixed.
- thu: Inside mounted bike. Rode 10.0 miles for 35 minutes at 17.14 mph. Finished off my cardio on the bike. It has been a while since I was on the bike. I almost forget what “low impact” cardio can feel like LOL.
- thu: TM miles. Ran 3.0 miles for 30 minutes at 10:00 pace. Easy miles until the TM stopped again. Maybe it is overheating? We are going to get a service guy to come and take a look.
- fri: Full body plus core. Lifted for 40 minutes . Solid workout including front facing planks, side planks and prone superman. My weights have increased by 55 percent more in the last 4 months. Read that as from pathetic to slightly less pathetic.
- fri: Inside track at Latitude in Peabody. Ran 4.0 miles for 39 minutes at 9:45 pace. Too small a track to run very fast or corners are dangerous. Just as well as I needed a slowish run. I should have run this slower but there were people running and I just got caught up in the moment.
- fri: First time swimming laps. Swam 800 yards for 40 minutes at 20 yds/min. I decided to go swimming for the first time today, my birthday. (47 today). I am self teaching myself using a program called Total Immersion, which has a series of drills you master in succession to go from flailing monkey (that’s me) to smooth swimmer. 32 laps in 40 minutes. That is my new low water mark. Only uphill from here.
- sun: Swimming drills at the gym. Swam 1200 yards for 60 minutes at 20 yds/min. If it is even possible I think I swam slower than the other day. But I increased the distance to 1200 yards And managed to push it for a full hour.
Just when I thought there were no unexplored paths to complete exhaustion I take up swimming.
- sun: Around the track at the gym. Ran 4.0 miles for 34 minutes at 8:30 pace. My legs felt a little wobbly after the swimming, but I found my groove after a while and pushed a little faster than usual.