- tue: Cooldown. Walked 0.5 miles.
- tue: Pillings Pond and Wildwood. Ran 4.9 miles. Untimed recovery run. Easy conversational pace. I don’t plan to time any runs for the next month, but I will record effort. I woke up this morning feeling like someone had dragged me behind their car across bumpy terrain. A good session of rolling, stretching and a liberal dosage of Bio Freeze did the trick. I actually enjoyed my run today and I was extremely careful to not stress my heart rate at all.
- wed: Pillings Pond and Salem St. Ran 6.8 miles. Easy run in the early evening. Kept the breathing even and well out of anything uncomfortable. Geared down on hills. I spent the entire time meditating on the Chi Running focus “Run Tall”. I held my core lightly, kept my pelvis leveled and Column straight. A wonderfully refreshing run.
- thu: Pillings Pond and Wildwood. Ran 4.9 miles.
- fri: Pillings Pond and Wildwood. Ran 4.9 miles.
- fri: cool down. Walked 0.5 miles.
- sat: cooldown. Walked 0.5 miles.
- sat: Lynnfield 8.1 mile loop. Ran 8.1 miles. Slow, relaxing run on a gorgeous day. My goal for this run was to breath only through my nose for the entire run, including hills. I concentrated on efficiency of running form by staying loose and relaxed.
Chi Running focus: The Lean. I use the visualization “push the air with your chest” as a guide. This is only a 1 inch lean at the pace I was running.
- sun: Lynnfield 11.64 mile loop. Ran 11.6 miles. Cold, wet, windy, drizzly pre-storm run. The roads are empty. I didn’t see anyone out. It was a little weird. I kept the pace low, breathing through my nose only to help focus on energy conservation and loose, effortless running.
Chi Running focus today: Pull Elbows Back. I kept my arms swinging in sync with my stride. Visualization: “Elbow the runner behind you”.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.