- tue: Lynnfield 10K Loop. Ran 6.2 miles for 80 minutes at 12:54 pace. Train wreck of a run. Too hot and I just bonked and walked home the last mile
- thu: Lynnfield 7.28 mile loop. Ran 7.3 miles for 70 minutes at 9:37 pace. Pace run. Nice and cool this morning which made for a very enjoyable time. This pace is right around my target for the September 30 half mary. There are a lot of hills on my run, so I would be faster on the actual course, which is relatively flat.
- fri: Warmup and cool down. Walked 1.2 miles for 22 minutes at 17:36 pace.
- fri: 2 mile time test. Ran 2.0 miles for 15 minutes at 7:38 pace. 2 mile blowout at nausea inducing pace. The first mile was joyous and I felt like i was flying. The second mile felt like I was being tortured. I hope to someday be able to run this pace normally. I am so envious of people who run this fast all the time… it is really an amazing feeling to move along that fast!
- sat: Lynnfield 10K Loop. Ran 6.2 miles for 69 minutes at 11:16 pace. Slow morning jog for miles. Nice and cool temps but it started to warm up at the end. I tried to play a game with my heartrate and see how fast I could go while keeping it at 150 or below. It is interesting to try different stride mechanics and see the impact to pace and HR. By mile 4 I was finding that more difficult and at the end any hill would take my HR to 162 or so.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.