- mon: Warm up and Cool down. Walked 1.5 miles for 26 minutes at 17:20 pace.
- mon: 6 x 800 meter splits. Ran 3.0 miles for 25 minutes at 8:27 pace. Felt great to push that heart rate up and feel the ground move. All this LSD (“long slow distance”) running is doing great things for my stamina, endurance and cardio, but its just fun to run faster sometimes.
- tue: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 47 minutes at 11:08 pace. Logging some slow miles after yesterday’s hard effort.
- fri: cooldown. Walked 0.5 miles for 16 minutes at 32:00 pace.
- fri: Lynnfield-Summer-Essex-Loop. Ran 7.7 miles for 73 minutes at 9:31 pace. Ok. I am highly suspicious of this pace. I started the iPhone timer. Ran. Did not stop. Came back and stopped the timer. The mapped route is correct. I ran at at a pace “i could talk…
.. like this …”. If this is accurate I have to say its currently a great pace for this distance for never pushing too hard. I think the cool morning and 2 rest days helped too.
- sat: Hiking through woods in Maine. Walked 2.0 miles for 30 minutes at 15:08 pace.
- sun: Cooldown. Walked 0.5 miles for 12 minutes at 24:00 pace.
- sun: Lynnfield 11 mile loop. Ran 11.0 miles for 112 minutes at 10:11 pace. Gorgeous morning for a run. Nice and cool although it was a lot warmer by the time I was done. I think I was still sore from Friday’s effort, even with a day off.