- tue: Philly run. Ran 3.0 miles for 30 minutes at 10:00 pace. Quick run this morning. I am in Philly for a conference and of course I brought my running shoes!
- wed: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 26 minutes at 9:36 pace. Quick run in my Vibrams. Decided to keep the distance down in these shoes until I am back in minimalist running form. The 4.2 miler last week in them took 3 days to recover from.
- fri: Mid-week miles. Ran 3.0 miles for 30 minutes at 10:01 pace. Hot and Humid. Putting in some mid week miles. I was supposed to run at conversational pace today but didn’t feel like logging a 11:30 pace run. This is week three of my half-marathon training plan. I am following Hal Higdon’s Novice II 12 week plan.
- sat: Lynnfield 10K Loop. Ran 6.2 miles for 61 minutes at 9:56 pace. You would think after a couple of years running I would know how to pace myself. I was supposed to run this at 1:30 slower than my target half marathon pace (9:45) but instead I ran the first 3 miles at 9:20, 20 seconds faster than my target race pace. My stamina clearly is still recovering because by mile 5 my legs felt very tired and I had to stop 3 times in the last mile. Based on my training progression I am up to 7 miles next week, so I better do it by the numbers.
- sun: Recovery run. Ran 2.7 miles for 31 minutes at 11:46 pace. Slow recovery jog. Kept average HR under 150. Lowest possible effort.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.