- mon: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 28 minutes at 10:09 pace. It was hot and humid but I waited until late so that at least the sun was not beating on me. My legs are still a bit tired from the century on Sat so I just took it slow. Now real issue to speak of.
- wed: Upper body tuneup. Lifted for 40 minutes . I could not lift during my vacation so I needed to get some heavy work in to reactivate all those muscles.
- wed: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 43 minutes at 10:11 pace. First serious run in my Vibrams since my Achilles rupture in September. It was incredibly hot and humid but there is just something about running “like” barefoot that makes things both easier and harder at the same time. The run itself went very well although I have a right sore calf muscle now.. not surprising at all really. I probably should have only done about 2 miles. You have to treat minimalist running with respect and ease (back) into it or pay a price.
- thu: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 25 minutes at 9:05 pace. Calf is still sore from my Vibram run and I probably should not have pushed this so fast. Still it felt good to push the pace a bit!
- sat: Short long run. Ran 7.5 miles for 76 minutes at 10:10 pace. I had plans for a 12 miler today but my calf was bothering me still this morning when I got up at 5 am. At 8:30 I decided to go for a shorter run. Too bad I missed those cooler dawn temps… its was 77 by the time I was done with the run. The run went pretty well, but legs felt tired at the end. Probably still weak from the 100 mile ride last Sat.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.