- mon: What the heck was that???. Ran 3.0 miles for 45 minutes at 15:00 pace. I felt like an 80 yo asthmatic who was 70 pounds overweight. I was sucking wind in 200 yards. I had to walk every quarter mile. I guess my effort on Saturday really wiped me out and the humidity was the nail in the coffin.
- tue: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 26 minutes at 9:25 pace. Weird that after yesterday’s wreck of a run this one went so well. I guess it was a little less humid and I was a little less tired!
- thu: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 32 minutes at 11:36 pace. It was hot. It was humid. I was tired. I tried to run at at “conversational pace” but I am thinking that would be called “standing still” in that thick humid soup. I didn’t stop for the run and was very slow in some places. But I got it done and thats what matters.
- fri: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 44 minutes at 10:25 pace. Another hot and humid evening, but this time I went out at dusk and it was slightly better. I took water + electrolytes and did fine with hydration. I felt good after the run with a nice warm feeling in my muscles.
- sun: 25 Mile Lynnfield Cycle Loop. Rode 25.1 miles for 97 minutes at 15.48 mph. Pretty darn hot today. I went out at 1 pm with lots of sunscreen. I am glad I was not running in the heat, at least with cycling you get a breeze! Last ride before the 100 miler next Sat. I am headed to North Carolina in the morning so I will be doing my runs along the ocean this week.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.