- mon: Running workout. Ran 3.2 miles. Went to a massage therpist on Sat afternoon and she loosened the knots (again) in my calf. So I decided to dust off my elliptical machine. I was able to do 3.2 miles on that at 180 RPM (same cadence as my footstrikes running). I feel that I was able to exercise a lot of my body’s machinery without engaging my soleus muscle.
Maybe this is what I can do to train for the October half marathons while my calf heals? What do you think?
- wed: Recovery jog. Ran 2.0 miles. Slow recovery jog. I was able to get through this without cramping
- thu: Recovery jog. Ran 2.0 miles. Feeling better. Calf is tight and only twinges a little.
- sat: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 42 minutes at 10:04 pace. Good jog. First real jog without pain in 7 weeks. I pulled back whenever my breath became labored. Sad to say 2 months ago I could run this at 8:15 pace. But the important point is that as long as I don’t do something stupid I should be able to resume training slowly and then ramp it up.
- sun: Sherwood Forest Loop. Ran 2.8 miles for 29 minutes at 10:30 pace. Easy run through the neighborhood. Calf feels tender but OK.