- mon: Locksley-Essex out and back. Ran 4.2 miles for 39 minutes at 9:19 pace. Well this was supposed to be a recovery run.. and it was for about 1 mile, then I.. ran faster.
By the way, if all goes well I will hit my 1000th mile run since I started in October sometime this week.
- mon: Easy run. Ran 4.5 miles for 45 minutes at 10:00 pace. I guess the gym track is good for hot steamy days as well as blizzards. Dud my run on the Lattitude 1/8 mile track.
- wed: Sherwood Forest and Pillings Pond. Ran 5.1 miles for 54 minutes at 10:41 pace. Oppressively hot and humid.. but anything can be handled if you are willing to go slow enough. It is really odd to feel that level of effort going that slow, but when any engine overheats you better nurse it along and cool it down or it will be in the shop.
- thu: Sherwood-Fletcher-Essex-Loop. Ran 6.4 miles. Slow untimed run in the summer heat. The Good: I left after 6 pm so sun was behind trees. The Bad: For some reason every single sprinkler in every single house I passed was off. Don’t they know runners NEED them? Freakin water conservationists… Blah.
- sat: Locksley loop plus fletcher. Ran 3.6 miles. 104 degrees. 4 water bottles. Ran very slow but cramped up in my left calf. Rolled it and stretched it, rubbed it and iced it but it still hurts. Damn it.. I was sure I was hydrated… Can heat and humidity cause a muscle cramp? This will probably mean no long run this weekend 🙁
- sun: Cycling workout. Rode 20.7 miles for 80 minutes at 15.53 mph. My calf is still healing so I switched to cycling instead of running today. Gorgeous day for once! I was jealous of all the runners I saw out there today.