- mon: Locksley road loop. Ran 4.0 miles for 38 minutes at 9:37 pace. Longest run yet on my new Vibram Five Fingers. I am so in love. But I am getting the achilies ache that is so common at first so I will have to continue easing into the transition
- tue: Running workout. Ran 2.3 miles for 21 minutes at 9:31 pace. Heart Rate: Average=169, 99th Percentile=182, max 182
- wed: Sherwood forest loop. Ran 2.7 miles for 25 minutes at 9:30 pace. Although I am tapering for the twin-lights half marathon I took these new racing flats out for my tempo run. Wow, they are really interesting. I felt like I was between my VFF’s and training shoes.
- thu: Locksley-Wildwood out and back. Ran 3.1 miles for 31 minutes at 9:55 pace. Last run before the half-marathon on Sunday. I felt a bit sluggish and my HR was up too high for the relative pace.
- sat: Down the street. Ran 1.0 miles for 9 minutes at 9:49 pace. I just needed to loosen up. I wasn’t supposed to run for th 2 days preceeding the half-marathon but I couldn’t stand it.
- sun: Twin Lights Half Marathon. Ran 13.1 miles for 132 minutes at 10:08 pace. Now *that* is a challenging course! Quite a lot of hills and coming back they seemed especially brutal. I really pushed myself hard and feel I gave it my very best. The reward was a new PR of 2:12:47, down from 2:28:37. This was more a matter of will power than fitness because my average HR was 173 and I actually hit 202 at the end. I came in 30th in the old man division, probably out of 30. BTW even with the hills I loved the course.. some amazing scenic views and quaint New England towns to run through. I took some pictures and video which I will also post.