- mon: Run easily so that you can carry a conversation. Ran 3.0 miles for 34 minutes at 11:24 pace. Run went well
- tue: Warm up then alternate fast pace and slow pace then cooldown. Ran 3.0 miles for 35 minutes at 11:41 pace. Felt great. Solid run.
- wed: Run easily so that you can carry a conversation. Ran 3.2 miles for 40 minutes at 12:55 pace. Terrible run. Legs felt like lead. Was hot and tired and ended up walking a lot at end
- fri: Run a mile slow then slowely speed up to pace then slow down.. Ran 3.9 miles for 46 minutes at 12:04 pace. Garmin Forerunner 205305
- sat: Long run at 90s behind race pace.. Ran 11.0 miles for 138 minutes at 12:32 pace. It was a gorgeous day and probabky for the first time in recent memory I actually ran slow enough.
- sun: Easy recovery run. Ran 2.0 miles for 22 minutes at 11:00 pace. No issue but felt a bit tired from Saturday’s efforts
- mon: Boston Marathon. Ran 26.2 miles for 342 minutes at 13:05 pace. I DID IT!
I was on pace the first half, but fell apart in the last 4 miles. I kept going and crossed the finish line.
- fri: Running workout. Ran 4.7 miles for 56 minutes at 12:03 pace. Garmin Forerunner 205305
- sun: Cycling ride with NSCYC. Rode 25.6 miles for 160 minutes at 9.59 mph. Got very hungry, next time I am going to eat a bigger breakfast and bring food.
BTW I tested the percent body fat 3 different ways including calipers, impedance fat machine and the James method (with neck and waist measurements).
- mon: Run at a reasonably fast rate for 4 minutes and walk for 1. Ran 2.7 miles for 28 minutes at 10:38 pace. For such a short distance I am not sure the walk breaks helped much. It was very hot at 72
- tue: Run the 2.7 mile loop without breaks.. Ran 2.7 miles for 28 minutes at 10:27 pace. I ran this at a brisk pace for me. Finished at 10:24 pace for this loop without killing myself
- mon: 45-60 minutes with heart rate in aerobic zone (<160). Ran 6.2 miles for 60 minutes at 9:40 pace. an hour spent rowing
- tue: Recovery from long run. Easy pace 1.5 – 2 minutes behind marathon pace. Ran 5.0 miles for 60 minutes at 12:00 pace. Ran slow at the gym on the track
- wed: Easy run for approx 7 miles. Ran 6.9 miles for 79 minutes at 11:34 pace. Everything went very easy. No stops, took it slow
- sat: Slow run with walk breaks every 8 minutes. Ran 7.9 miles for 91 minutes at 11:34 pace. Garmin Forerunner 205305
This first thing I want to mention is that you have so far raised $10,300 for Children’s Hospital by sponsoring me in the Boston Marathon. This is an unusually high number for a charity runner to raise and it is due entirely to the generosity of all of you. If you have not had an opportunity to register your sponsorship and feel you are able to contribute then you can do so here
- mon: Recovery from long run. Easy pace 1.5 – 2 minutes behind marathon pace. Ran 6.0 miles for 70 minutes at 11:42 pace. I ran nice and slow. Still have bad rib pain
- wed: 1 Mile warm up, 3 miles of marathon pace, 1 mile cool down. Ran 4.7 miles for 49 minutes at 10:36 pace. This went pretty well but I still have rib pain
- thu: Longer mid week easy run. This is mostly to build miles for the week.. Ran 6.0 miles for 75 minutes at 12:30 pace. I was feeling very tired. My ribs still hurt and it started raining. Not a good run